Skip to main content

Work Permit Application

Link for Work Permit on District Website

Do you need a work permit?  Just go to the district website for the application and instructions.  During the school year the permits can be processed by Chris Watson in the Counseling office.  During the summer months please see the district website for instructions.  

During the School Year

To obtain a work permit: Print the work permit worksheet. The school office completes the form AFTER you have entered all the other sections (employer, parent). The information entered in the worksheet is used to create the actual work permit that your employer will need. The turnaround time is 24 hours.


During June & July in the Summer:

If you need a work permit processed after the last day of school, take your fully completed work permit worksheet to Educational Services (bldg C) at the District Office, 699 Old Orchard Drive in Danville. It’s located on the northwest corner of the Sycamore Valley Road and Old Orchard Drive intersection. The district office phone number is 552-2914.


Entertainment Industry

A separate work permit application for the entertainment industry is found here.  After completion by the parent and school representative (or district office during summer), this application will need to be mailed or presented to any office of the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement for issuance of your work permit.  Work permits will be issued within 3 business days and mailed to you.   Please include a pre-addressed, stamped envelope.   The nearest office is located at 1515 Clay Street in Oakland.


To find out additional information from the California Department of Labor and frequently asked questions from the California Department of Education.